More than 400 million people across the world live with incontinence, and this figure is expected to surge during the years to come. If you or someone in your care bears the burden of this medical condition, you’re not alone by any means.
Though a wide range of adult diapers and incontinence products is available to cater to the diverse needs of those living with this highly common condition, finding just the right one can take a great deal of trial and error. Our knowledgeable and understanding staff is on hand to lend its expertise, but we’re taking our services a step further to offer some upfront information on the matter.
Types of Adult Incontinence Products Currently on the Market
Adult incontinence products come in a variety of styles. Each has its own benefits and disadvantages, which our customer support team stands ready to discuss with you in greater detail at any time. Disposable alternatives offer plenty of advantages for incontinence sufferers and caregivers alike, making them the most popular options by a considerable margin.
- Disposable Adult Diapers: Traditionally, these are made up of absorbent layers of material as well as synthetic gel designed to hold moisture and pull it away from the skin. Since they’re equipped with a plastic outer shell, leaks usually aren’t a problem, and available choices cover the full range of absorbency needs. These are often recommended for people with bowel incontinence and those who need frequent changings or have limited mobility. Adhesive or velcro tabs help keep them in place and simplify changing. The most absorbent of these type of adult diapers are the Abena Abri-Form Level 4, the Tranquility EliteCare, the Unique Wellness, the Molicare Maxi Slip and the Medline Extended Wear.
- Pull-on Disposable Underwear: Disposable underwear is a rising favorite, mainly because of its more discreet design. Available for both men and women, disposable underwear for incontinence gives you breathability as well as leak protection in the areas where it’s needed most and around the legs. These don’t have adhesive tabs, so they’re not adjustable, but you’ll find them in numerous sizes. In most cases, the sides feature tear-away seams for simpler removal. We recommend the Tranquility Premium Overnight Underwear as your best value.
- Adhesive Pads: Much like menstrual pads, adhesive incontinence pads are worn inside traditional underwear and hold themselves in place. They’re available in male, female and non-gender-specific versions. They can easily be changed without removing clothing, and fit isn’t an issue; however, they’re not meant for bowel incontinence patients or continual heavy bladder leakage.
- Belted Undergarments: Similar to incontinence pads, belted undergarments offer a certain level of adjustability without the full bulk of an adult diaper. Used for light bowel and light to moderate urinary incontinence, they fasten around the waste and can be easily removed for disposal.
These are the most highly sought-after adult diapers and incontinence solutions available, and they’re suited to a variety of needs and coverage levels. We’re proud to offer a broad selection of top-quality products brought to you by a team of live experts ready to answer any questions you may have about these and other items we carry. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for further information on any of the options on the market.
Important Considerations for Choosing Incontinence Products
One of the top factors in choosing the right solution would be the type and level of incontinence you’re facing. For light and occasional bladder leakage, you may need nothing more than disposable pads or belted undergarments. Heavier, more frequent bladder voids and bowel incontinence generally warrant adult diapers or disposable underwear. Other considerations include:
- Lifestyle: Active people without mobility or joint issues typically prefer disposable pull-on underwear, which is available for virtually all types and degrees of incontinence. Because of its thin, discreet design, it’s less noticeable than diapers. With fitted waist and legs, it’s designed to move with you while keeping leaks at a minimum. This option is usually a bit quieter, too, as opposed to disposable diapers.
- Convenience: Disposable choices in any style are certainly more convenient than reusable alternatives. If you’re a caretaker with a family of your own or lead a particularly busy life, frequent loads of laundry may be out of the question. There’s no shame in lightening your burden by going with the disposable solutions we offer.
- Fit: Ill-fitting adult diapers tend to be less effective, and they’re uncomfortable. Regardless of the brand or style you choose, finding the right size is crucial. For those who are fully mobile, measure around the hips and waist, and use the largest of the two numbers to choose the right size. Immobile patients should be measured from one hip bone to the other with that number being doubled to determine sizing. Still, as is the case with clothing, sizes vary by style and brand. We’re here to help take the guesswork out of the selection process.
- Absorbency: Disposable adult diapers and other incontinence products are designed to wick moisture away from the skin to help minimize irritation and degradation. The extent to which they do so depends largely on their designated absorbency. Having said that, the level best suited to your needs isn’t always clear in the beginning. Our team will discuss the matter with you in an effort to find the most advantageous option or combination of choices as the case may be.
Choose with Confidence from a Company that Cares
Incontinence is one of the world’s most common medical conditions. We’re here to help make dealing with it as simple as possible for you or your loved one. Our well-versed team is always ready and willing to address your concerns, and we make sure you receive your incontinence products as quickly as possible.
Turn to a company with a vast selection of adult incontinence products and an even broader range of knowledge and experience in this field. Let us assist you in finding the right product to fit your needs.